Friday, September 16, 2011

Barcelona - a walk through the city

Elena & I landed in Barcelona, Spain this morning after a long flight from San Diego.  We made a hectic trip from the airport to the hotel via bus, train and the local metro.  I didn't realize the metro stations in Barcelona don't have escalators.  Elena & I lugged several bags ups numerous flights of stairs and in/out of several trains. It was a bit of a work-out and I'm glad it's over.  Once we dropped off our bags at the hotel we decided to walk a section of Barcelona called The Rambles.

One of the neat things we found in Barcelona this morning were the local water fountains.  After traveling all night and working up a sweat carting bags from the airport it was time for a drink.  Check out the huge water fountain in the center of town!

Elena & I had lunch today at a place called Cafe d L Opera.  Despite walking more than 3 miles we didn't eat much.  Elena had a Sangria and I had a beer.... not much of a lunch!

Local street musicians today in Barcelona. 

View of the city during our walk today. 

We had dinner tonight in Barcelona at a place called Cafe de L'Academia.  It was a great place on a pretty square tucked away in the heart of the Barri Gotic neighborhood of Barcelona. Here my folks and Elena's folks are walking to the restaurant.  Everyone thought we were lost except Elena & I! 

No comments:

Post a Comment